Jump to Navigation

Citizenship Archives

What are some of the challenges new U.S. citizens face?

The milestone of gaining a U.S. citizenship is something that you have a right to celebrate. The application process and citizenship testing for immigrants in Los Angeles often come at the end of a lengthy, arduous and stressful period. While this is a happy time for you and your family, it does not necessarily mean the end of your troubles. In fact, you may continue to face much of the same misunderstandings and even discrimination that you endured while working toward your citizenship.

What are some basic requirements to obtaining U.S. citizenship?

There are many ways through which a person may apply to become a citizen of the United States. Each one has its own set of eligibility requirements and associated naturalization and application process. Some of these requirements are shared and some vary from situation to situation.

How do I apply to remove the conditions on my green card?

Conditional residency is granted to immigrants who move into the U.S. by marrying a U.S. citizen. This is considered a period in which it must be proven that the marriage was not solely made to gain an immigrant U.S. citizenship. However, the conditions must be removed after a certain period of time or the immigrant with conditional residency could end up being evicted from the country.

Miramonte victims subjected to scrutiny over immigration status

The struggle for immigrants can include suffering from a lack of certain benefits that other people may not even realize they have. Citizenship ensures that a person will experience all of the up sides of being a registered part of the U.S. body, which is a hot button topic after certain cases in Los Angeles.

Are you eligible to remove your permanent residency conditions?

Conditional residency status is given to married couples if their marriage is less than two years old when they gain permanent residency. This is because immigrants must first prove that their marriage was not solely made to gain U.S. citizenship. However, these conditions can eventually be removed.

What are the eligibility requirements for provisional waivers?

Provisional waivers are available to people who have family within the U.S. but have not personally been able to obtain a green card yet. If these immigrants meet certain eligibility requirements, it means that they can apply for a provisional unlawful presence waiver. This will allow them to remain in the U.S. while their case is reviewed.

What should you do if you want to apply for U.S. citizenship?

According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, naturalization can be a somewhat lengthy undertaking. However, getting started on the application process can be made less daunting by dividing pre-application preparations up into different sections. The segments can include:

Los Angeles preparing for influx of immigrant students

Los Angeles may see a huge spike in new students being registered to the schools in the districts this upcoming year. Because a child does not have to be a U.S. citizen in order to attend schools, many are preparing to open their doors to the large influx of unaccompanied minors who have recently crossed over from Southern American countries.

Green cards may become an option for immigrant employees

Immigrant employees in Los Angeles may be in for some good news in regard to registering for citizenship. While many immigrants want to apply for a green card, sometimes it isn’t always feasible due to various restraints. However, a program that has been launched may make it possible for legal employees to apply for their green card just by working.

Send Us Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Visit Our Immigration & Naturalization Law Website Contact Information

Ronzio & Associates

3250 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 2010
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Telephone: 1-866-441-1458
Facsimile: 1-213-384-0974
E-Mail An Attorney
Maps & Directions
En Español - Spanish